Saturday 4 December 2010

"The Man Without Fear"

Daredevils among one of my faves from The Marvel universe ,The guy with the big stick!The  first issue I picked up was issue 158 Frank Millers debut on the title I remember this as I got the comic  within a multipack of comics also including an Issue of the Fantastic 4 which featured a Skrull impersonating Jimmy Carter (I giuess this was back in 1980 so I was 7 at the time) The Daredevil comic struck me as dark and disturbing the stuff of nightmares .. but we love that stuff at 7 and love it now of course Millers a legend an inspiration in same way John Byrne is a Writer/Artist   but kudos also to Gene Colan and Klaus Janson ..(why he's missing from this documentary is bewildering )..

..yep that was Silent Bob :)
Here's the directors cut of the movie .. not sure why  they cast Ben Affleck though (wouldn't it of been better if he was played by his mate Matt Damon least he looks a little like Murdock ) and I have a problem with Bullseye here too .. I liked the fact he had a badass costume too in the comic but in  this movie he's just a slaphead with a target on his head , which subconciously may of led to the happy slapping craze lol

No comments: