Sunday 27 March 2011

"Charlie Don't Surf " Post 1-Dien Bien Phu

First of a series of Vietnam War posts this week, partially inspired by playing COD Black Ops(stories a bit too James Bondy although fun  .. I think these Call of Duty  games should get back to there roots like in the first few games and depict real Battles again as you learn a bit of history along the way)
The Vietnam War was in it's closing stages in my youth It was barely mentioned on T.V in the mid to late 70's  in fact , it was kind of like people wanted to forget about it as soon as possible , I first learnt about it I guess in 1980 (I would of been too young to see Apocalypse Now but I did read comics)in a story called Fighting Mann drawn by Cam Kennedy printed in Battle picture Weekly  (I'd say it's the best 'Nam comic ever produced but it still hasn't been bought out in Graphic novel format  when it  really should be)and another story that was printed in another British comic called Victor which depicted the events at Dien Bien Phu through the eyes of a French Para (can't recalll title ,of the story but comics did address this moment in history) So all this week I'll be trying to learn more about Vietnam War and if I can post links to a few movies that  depict what's going on in the documentaries I'll be posting here .. In this case the films in French and I can't find any subtitled version so I've only posted a few clips.

No comments: