Saturday 9 October 2010

Lennon Interview 1980

Again a post concerning 1980 , last few days reminded me of the times before brekfast television , and The Today programme on Radio 4 where they mentioned it was Johns 40th birthday, now I was 8 at the time had no idea about the Beatles really (I'm sure I knew McCartney fom Mull of Kintyre been at #1 forever.. groan)and I certainly knew the Monkees from T.V, but John Lennon , nope never heard of him (seeing as he was making a comeback after 5 years in 80 i'd of been 3 at the time)within two short monthes I certainly knew who John Lennon was and The Beatles for that matter but all for the wrong reasons , this interview I remember from those times(used to listen to radio alot back then..lots of T.V strikes lol) , nice to know John liked Madness and disliked Thatcher, really makes you ponder what the Eighties would of been like if he was around.

No comments: